2019-2020 Information for Visiting Teams:
- The athletic training room will be open 90 minutes prior to scheduled events and will close 30 minutes after competition.
- Modalities available for use: E-stim, ultrasound, heat, and ice [only with correct form from visiting team’s athletic trainer]
- Ice and water will be provided for the visiting teams. Per USA South conference procedures, cups will no longer be provided as of August, 2018.
- The athletic training room is located in the lower portion of Porter Gymnasium with a satellite athletic training facility located in the Matthews Athletic Center for soccer matches & softball games. Please contact the Head Coach prior for directions and assistance.
- Please have student athlete information available in case of emergencies while traveling to Wesleyan. If any athletes need taping, they must provide their necessary supplies needed for the specific tape job via the provided Medkit. If an athletic trainer is not traveling with the team, please contact the Head Athletic Trainer, Kearstyn Moore, at (478) 757-3964 (office) , (330) 556-9370 (cell), or email@example.com.
Dr. Gregory Lee
3708 Northside Dr
Macon, Ga 31210
Coliseum Medical Center
Wesleyan College provides comprehensive medical care to student-athletes under the direction of a team physician and a nationally certified and Georgia state licensed athletic trainer. The Certified Athletic Trainer is present at all practices and home events. Student interns interested in Athletic Training and Physical Therapy assist the staff to acquire hands-on experience in the allied healthcare field. A work-study student assists the staff with game day setup and clean up of the intercollegiate competitions ensuring hydration needs are met and the sanitation of equipment.
The Athletic Training staff strives to protect our student-athletes through preventative measures. Student-athlete injuries are evaluated, diagnosed, and immediate care is provided. If the injury or illness warrants a referral, the Head Athletic Trainer coordinates medical care for the student-athlete within the Wesleyan College Sports Medicine referral network. Rehabilitation and treatment services are provided to student-athletes focusing on strength, flexibility, pain reduction, and to prevent re-injury until they are ready to return to play.
The Athletic Training Room is located in Porter Gymnasium serving Women’s Basketball and Volleyball with a satellite facility located at Mathews Athletic Center serving Soccer, Softball, Cross Country, Tennis, and Equestrian. Treatment services provided by the staff include modalities such as electrical stimulation, ultrasound, and hot and cold therapy.
Information for Student-Athletes and Families
- In addition to the physical form, all compliance paperwork is now digital on Front Rush. Please contact your head coach to get the Front Rush link if you do not have it already, because all digital compliance paperwork must be completed prior to participation in any team activities.
- Heart Disease Fact Sheet
- Sickle Cell Fact Sheet
- Concussion Fact Sheet
- Heart Disorders Fact Sheet
- Concussion Fact Sheet for Coaches
- Concussion Fact Sheet for Parents and Athletes