The Wesleyan College Riding Program relies on the generous donation of horses by trainers and owners. We accept horses from the walk-trot-canter level through advanced dressage, hunters, and western horses. Wesleyan is currently looking to add new horses to the team.
- Fill out the Donation Prospect Fact Sheet and either:
- E-mail to Catherine Texter Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Catherine Texter Baker at (478)757-5111.
- Mail to: Wesleyan College Equestrian Center, 4760 Forsyth Road, Macon, GA 31210
- The Donation Prospect Fact Sheet is reviewed by the Head Coach.
- In most cases, we will request a video of your horse uploaded to YouTube or sent to us by email before bringing it in on a two-week trial period. This will help us better assess the horse for the program and keep the shipping costs to a minimum for the donor. After reviewing the information and/or video, the Head Coach will notify the donor about the suitability of the horse.
- If we feel your horse is appropriate for our program, you will receive a Donation Trial Contract.
- When the Donation Trial Contract is returned to the college, we will contact the donor to schedule an arrival date for the horse.
- When the horse arrives at our facility for the trial period, the instructors will evaluate the horse and have a pre-purchase exam performed.
- During the trial period the horse will be used in the riding program to ensure compatibility.
- By the end of the two-week trial period, the Head Coach will contact you to inform you if your horse has been approved for the program.
For trial period Wesleyan College must have:
- Signed Donation Trial Contract, including medical documentation (Coggins, Vaccinations, Date of last deworming) and Shoeing
Current supplements must be provided for trial period
- Special equipment as requested by donor
- Health certificate may be required
Please be sure to complete and submit all paperwork before your horse arrives at our facility. If you have any concerns about completing any of the paperwork or any questions please contact Catherine Baker at (478)757-5111.
Upon Acceptance donor will receive:
- IRS Form 8283. Completion of this form should be done with the advice of your tax advisor
- At least 1 appraisal form
Upon Acceptance the donor should return the following to Wesleyan College:
- Completed IRS Form 8283
- Appraisal forms
- Registration papers ( if applicable) signed over to Wesleyan College
- Previous USEF or FEI show record and USEF, USHJA, or USDF registration number (if applicable)