Wesleyan College provides comprehensive medical care to student-athletes under the direction of a team physician and a nationally certified and Georgia state licensed athletic trainer. The Certified Athletic Trainer is present at all practices and home events. Student interns interested in Athletic Training and Physical Therapy assist the staff to acquire hands-on experience in the allied healthcare field. A work-study student assists the staff with game day setup and clean up of the intercollegiate competitions ensuring hydration needs are met and the sanitation of equipment.
The Athletic Training staff strives to protect our student-athletes through preventative measures. Student-athlete injuries are evaluated, diagnosed, and immediate care is provided. If the injury or illness warrants a referral, the Head Athletic Trainer coordinates medical care for the student-athlete within the Wesleyan College Sports Medicine referral network. Rehabilitation and treatment services are provided to student-athletes focusing on strength, flexibility, pain reduction, and to prevent re-injury until they are ready to return to play.
The Athletic Training Room is located in Porter Gymnasium serving Women’s Basketball and Volleyball with a satellite facility located at Mathews Athletic Center serving Soccer, Softball, Cross Country, Tennis, and Equestrian. Treatment services provided by the staff include modalities such as electrical stimulation, ultrasound, and hot and cold therapy.
- In addition to the physical form, all compliance paperwork is now digital on Front Rush. Please contact your head coach to get the Front Rush link if you do not have it already, because all digital compliance paperwork must be completed prior to participation in any team activities.
- Heart Disease Fact Sheet
- Sickle Cell Fact Sheet
- Concussion Fact Sheet
- Heart Disorders Fact Sheet
- Concussion Fact Sheet for Coaches
- Concussion Fact Sheet for Parents and Athletes
- Emergency Action Plan and Lightning Procedures
- Policy and Procedures Manual
- Concussion Management Plan
- Visiting Team Athletic Training Policy
Information for Visiting Teams:
- The athletic training room will be open one hour prior to scheduled events and will close when the last student athlete has been taken care of.
- Modalities available for use: whirlpool and e-stim/ultrasound combo unit (depending on location of event), heat/ice
- Ice and water with cups will be provided for the visiting teams.
- The athletic training room is located in the upstairs portion of Porter Gymnasium with a satellite athletic training facility located in the Matthews Athletic Center.
- Please have student athlete information available in case of emergency.
- If any athletes need taping, it is strongly advised that they provide the necessary supplies needed for the specific tape job.
- If an athletic trainer is not traveling with the team, please contact the athletic trainer, TBA , at (478) 757-3964 (office) , (xxx)xxx-xxxx (cell), or email@example.com.
Head Athletic Trainer: Pranay Shah (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Wesleyan College Athletic Department announced Pranay Shah as the college's next Head Athletic Trainer and Compliance Officer.
Shah comes to Wesleyan after serving as the Assistant Athletic Trainer at Andrew College in Cuthbert, Ga., for the past two seasons. In addition to his work with the athletes, he also supervised student trainers and taught Introduction to Athletic Training and Health and First Aid classes. Prior to his time at Andrew, he spent time as a trainer in both a sports clinic working with local high schools athletes as well as at a wellness center performing rehabilitation and therapeutic exercises on clients.
Shah began his collegiate career at Georgia Perimeter College, where he earned an Associate of Science in Health and Physical Education in 2008, before receiving his Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training from the University of North Florida in 2011. He went on to earn his Master of Science in Exercise Sports Physiology, Athletic Training Concentration, from West Chester University in 2015.
Dr. Bill Barnes
Piedmont Orthopaedic Complex
4660 Riverside Park Blvd.
Macon, GA 31210
400 Charter Dr.
Macon, GA 31210
Coliseum Medical Center
Coliseum Medical Center
350 Hospital Dr.
Macon, GA 31217